/chrome/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
After updating Chrome, all saved passwords are gone
Today I updated my chrome, and then when I logged onto a site the saved password did not pop up. I checked the settings and all saved passwords are gone! Instead, I got a list of "Never save" sites that seem to match where I have been saving passwords.... 

These passwords were not stored locally in Chrome --- rather, I had the sync turned on for my Google account, and I had a passphrase protection on.

I really could not figure out what happened but this is super inconvenient :( I also don't have any backup of the passwords.... Solutions mentioned this threadthis threadthis thread and this thread did not work and the solutions from some other random websites returned by Google did not work either... Anyone encounter a similar issue?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (1)
Relevant Answer

Welcome To The Google Chrome Help Support .

you enter a new password on a site, Chrome will ask to save it. To accept, tap Save.

Sign in with a saved password

If you saved your password on a previous visit to a website, Chrome can help you sign in. 

Tip: When you save a password for a site on Chrome, you can also use that saved password to sign in on another browser or the site's app on your iPhone or iPad. To use this feature, in your iPhone or iPad settings, turn on Chrome autofill.
  1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
  2. Go to a site you've visited before.
  3. Go to the site’s sign-in form.
    • If you’ve saved a single username and password for the site: Chrome will fill in the sign-in form automatically.
    • If you’ve saved more than one username and password: Select the username field and choose the sign-in info you want to use.
  4. To let Chrome sign in with your saved username and password, use your fingerprint, Face ID, or passcode.
If Chrome doesn’t suggest a password, above the keyboard, tap key   Use other password.
See, delete, edit, or export passwords
  2. At the bottom right, tap More .
  3. Tap Settings   Passwords. 
  4. See, delete, edit, or export a password:
    • See: Tap the saved password. Under "Password," tap Show.
    • Delete: At the top right, tap Edit. Under "Saved Passwords," tap the site you want to remove  Delete.
    • Edit: Tap the saved password you want to edit, then tap Edit. Change the password or username, then tap Done.
      • Important: You cannot save empty passwords or save duplicate usernames for the same website.
    • Export: Scroll down to the bottom, and then tap Export Passwords.
To clear all your saved passwords, clear browsing data and select "Saved passwords."
Start or stop saving passwords
By default, Chrome offers to save your password. You can turn this option off or on at any time.
  2. At the bottom right, tap More .
  3. Tap Settings   Passwords. 
  4. Turn Save Passwords on or off.

Thanks For Contact us

Best Regards
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/chrome/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic