Freezes on new tabs
1) Chrome does not always start. When it does start, I always get the message that Chrome did not shut down properly.
2) I cannot open more than 2 or 3 tabs. When I try to open additional tabs, the page starts to load but then freezes.
3) After I close Chrome, there are still several chrome*.exe processes shown in Task Manager.
4) I have run a full system virus scan (Norton) with no problems found.
5) I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it. This fixed the problem, but the next day the problem was back.
Hope this might help one or two of you....
The way we fixed it was as follows - go into chrome://flags and disable the following;
"Threaded compositing Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS
Uses a secondary thread to perform web page compositing. This allows smooth scrolling, even when the main thread is unresponsive."
Let me know if this helps? I know how frustrating these issues can be. It took me a day and a half to "fix" my problem, but luckily in only took 10 minutes to fix my wifes pc.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.