How can I get rid of Mystart1 Recommended Answer
- If unfamiliar pages are opening up each time you start up Chrome, check in Chrome menu > Settings > On Startup > next to the radio button for Open a specific page or set of pages, click on Set pages > remove any unwanted URLs by hovering over the URL until you see an "X" appear to the right side of the URL.
- If all searches that you perform in the omnibox are returning with results from a different search engine instead of your preferred search engine, check in Chrome menu > Settings > Search > Manage search engines > check the list of Default search engines, Other search engines, and Search engines added by extensions, and remove suspicious entries that you are not familiar with. Depending on your extensions, you may not see the last section for Search engines added by extensions.
- To remove an unfamiliar search engine, make sure you select your preferred search engine first, and then remove the unfamiliar option.
- If an unfamiliar page opens up when you click on the Home button, check in Chrome menu > Settings > Appearance > select the Show Home button checkbox > check the URL below it.
- Also check that there are no extensions installed that may be causing these changes. Go to Chrome menu > Settings > Extensions > if you see any unfamiliar extension that you do not remember installing, try disabling/removing the extension to see it was causing these changes. Some users have mentioned "New Tool for Chrome". To disable, uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox next to the extension. To remove, hover over the extension until you see a trash can icon appear, and click on the icon.
1. Click on the wrench icon (upper right corner). Choose "Settings."
2. At "On startup" I had this: "Open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages"
3. Click on "Set pages." Hover over Mystart and an X will appear. Click the X to remove it.
4. Next under "Search" in the same window, click on "Manage search engines." Find Mystart and delete it.
That's all I did. Working so far for me with no sign of the bugger since.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.