My sound very rarely plays
Could you confirm, if the issue persists only on Chrome or different browsers as well?
Are you facing this issue on a particular website or across websites?
Does this issue persist on a different device?
Try clearing the Cache and Cookies.
Try using in Incognito mode. If this helps then temporarily disable your extensions to identify which one is causing the rendering problem. To do this go to chrome://extensions and uncheck Enabled for each extension one by one.
If that doesn't help, reset Chrome settings to see if that helps (Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.)
If the issue still persists, I’d suggest creating a new user profile by adding a new user on Chrome.
Also, toggle the Use hardware acceleration (Menu>Settings>Show Advanced Settings>System menu).
1. On the top right, click the Chrome menu ☰.
2. Click Help > About Google Chrome.
The version number is the series of numbers beneath the "Google Chrome" heading. Chrome will check for updates when you're on this page.
I'd suggest creating a new browser profile:
- Exit Google Chrome completely.
- Enter the keyboard shortcut Windows key+E to open Windows Explorer.
- In the Windows Explorer window that appears enter the following in the address bar Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10:
- %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens and rename it as "Backup default."
- Try opening Google Chrome again. A new "Default" folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.
If you wish, you can transfer information from your old user profile to your new one. However, this action is not recommended, since a part of your old profile may be corrupt. With that in mind, to transfer your old bookmarks, copy the "Bookmarks.bak" file from the "Backup default" folder to your new "Default" folder. Once moved, rename the file from "Bookmarks.bak" to "Bookmarks" to complete the migration. All other browser data will remain in the "Backup default" folder, but you won't be able to transfer it to your new profile.
Keep me posted.
You've never mentioned video. Are you talking about video without sound or music files?
If it works now with a fresh User Data and profile storage, we know where to start looking
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.