An update about the new bookmarks manager
Our team is committed to improving Chrome’s bookmarks experience, but for the time being, we’ve decided to bring back the previous version. Our team will continue to explore other ways to improve the bookmarks experience. You’ll see the previous version of the bookmarks manager return to your Chrome browser shortly.
For those of you who enjoyed using the new bookmarks manager, you can still keep the new experience by downloading the Bookmarks Manager extension from the Chrome Web Store.
We appreciate hearing all of your thoughtful feedback. Feel free to leave us with any additional comments here in this thread.
Best,The Chrome team
All you need to do to the traditional bookmark manager is to spend two hours adding a proper separators feature to make thousands of people happy.
- I should be able to share a Bookmark from my Bookmark Bar just by right clicking and selecting an option from the existing pop-up menu.
- Why do I have to create a folder in Bookmark Manager to be able to share it when I can't see that folder on my Bookmark Bar.
- When I share a Folder in Bookmark Manager why can't the people I share with add links to the folder, similar to sharing a Google Drive Folder, I'd like them to contribute as well.
- How about adding a 'Right Click' menu.
- When I click on the 'Share this folder' a pop-up showing a button to access my contacts would be convenient or even a box to add email addresses would be great with a message box as well, just like the pop-up when sharing a file on Google Drive.
- The 'Auto folders' are redundant to my already saved Bookmarks.
- Inherit the KISS method and stick to it.
- Get feedback before going live or ask for Beta testers.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.