Why do I get the message "'freshdownload could not take over the download" when trying to click a download link?
1. Download and install FreshDownload using Internet Explorer.
2 Run FreshDownload.
3. Register FreshDownload. (I'm not sure if this is necessary, but I did)
4. Go to FreshDownload's Options or Preferences screen through the apps menu system. (I can't remember whether if it says options or preferences, but I'm not going to reinstall it to find out!)
5. Go to their "Integration" section.
6. Uncheck all the check boxes and click OK.
7. Exit FreshDownload.
8. Uninstall FreshDownload.
9. Worked for me!!
NB you will have to unsubscribe from their emails as you have to give em your email addy to be able to download FreshDownload!
Thank you very much !
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.