How do I get rid of Yahoo Search Engine on Chrome?1 Recommended Answer
Operating System: Windows 7
Extensions installed: Skype, Stumble Upon, JDownloader (Had them all for ages now)
Every time I start up Chrome the default search engine is set to Yahoo.com. I hate yahoo, plain and simple. So I rush into my settings (Chrome://settings) and change the default search engine to Google.com, and DELETE all of the others there. But here's the problem, if I close the Chrome window and start a new one the new window has yahoo.com set as the default search engine. I rush into options and change it to Google, and check to see if the settings were just not saved, but no, they were... Yahoo is the only search engine (other than google.com) that remains in my list... I thought it was yahoo toolbar, so I viciously searched my computer for it, found it and removed it forcibly from my hard drive... it was, sadly, not the toolbar...
Yahoo.com is set as my default search engine, I remove it.
When I restart Chrome after it has Yahoo.com again, yet all settings are saved.
I have uninstalled Yahoo toolbar, yet the problem persists.
Please help. Thanks in advanced.
- Click this icon (upper right hand corner) > Settings > Search > Manage Search Engines > Mouse over the search engine you'd like to set as default and click "Make default" and/or click the "X" to remove the search engine from the list. Note: At the bottom, you can also choose to "add a new search engine."
- If you change your default search engine and Yahoo keeps coming up as the default when you open Chrome, the problem probably has to do with unwanted software. Please try using the Chrome Cleanup Tool [Windows Only] to remove unwanted software.
Let us know if these steps don't correct the issue you are experiencing and please include exactly what is happening with this information: Chrome version (type chrome://version in address bar), Operating system (Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc.) and Anti-Virus software (Spyware Doctor, McAfee Enterprise, etc.).
Edit: This post has reached the maximum number of posts so it has been locked. If you've tried everything above and still experiencing the issue, please open up a new topic so we can further help you with your issue.
Google send out a fix or a patch
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.