chrome randomly redirects2 Recommended Answers
Have cleared cookies/cache data but to no avail.
Surely google can improve the user experience as firefox is not suffering from the same issues.
No new apps have been added and have removed most non google apps.
Have anyone any idea how to fix this?
- It's most likely a mobile advertisement that abuses its ability to be embedded in a webpage
- It occurs randomly depending on if the ad is served to you
- It might take you to a website that encourages you to install malware
- It can affect both Android and iPhone
- It can be stopped by using a browser that supports an Ad-blocking extension (eg. Firefox)
- It is probably because the ad distribution network (most likely Doubleclick) continues to allow Slimspots to publish their ads
- don't waste your time doing a factory reset on your phone
- don't install some third-party 'cleaning' application on your computer
- don't follow the 'instructions' on a bunch of new websites that have cottoned onto this problem
The redirect still happens in incognito mode.
Browser redirects to. Spaces.slimspots.com......
Then others before opening play store asking you to d/l various apps.
Reading that this is some rogue ad causing it but how do I get chrome to stop redirecting?
This seems to be a problem for plenty others on the web.
Right now chrome is useless.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.