Did your homepage, search engine or Chrome settings change?2 Recommended Answers
Is your default search engine different than what you originally set it as? Did any of your other settings change without your consent? Watch this video to learn more about tips for spotting malware to see if the symptoms sound familiar! There are several steps you can take to fix this issue which are outlined in this thread.
1) Run the Chrome Cleanup Tool (Windows Only)
2) Check to see if there is a program on your computer or an extension that’s making unwanted changes (i.e. Conduit, Search Protect, etc.). Find your extensions by going to Chrome Menu > Settings > Extensions and disable any extensions you don’t recognize.
3) Also, check your program files for any suspicious programs you don’t remember installing. You can also run anti-virus software to find malicious files and programs for removal.
Again, if you've tried the recommendations above and are still unable to fix the issue, we do want to know. Please post in a new thread and tell us:
Chrome version number (type chrome://version into your address bar)
What homepage or default search engine it is set to
If there are any programs installed on your computer (check your Program Files) that you do not recognize.
Chrome Community Team
Did you try the steps given by sarah
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.