Is Audio not working in Chrome?2 Recommended Answers
- What version of Chrome are you using? Chrome Menu>About Google Chrome
- What OS and version are you using? (Ex Window 7)
- What extensions do you have installed? Chrome:extensions
- What do you mean when you say you're having audio issue: Is it just on one site? Is sound chopping? Not playing at all?
- To make sure it is a Chrome problem, ensure that sound works on other browsers (i.e. Firefox, Safari, Explorer)
- Check sound mixer or audio settings - it is possible for your computer sound to be on but Chrome muted, and the only place this shows is the Sound Mixer (on Win, right click on your Audio icon in the tray)
Next click on "Mixer" If there is a muted icon next to Chrome click on it to unmute it.
Thanks @Mudwoman for the screenshots!
- Ensure using latest version of Chrome (type chrome://version into your address bar)
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try incognito mode
- Update sound drivers as some audio issues are the result of a conflict outside of Chrome
- If you are using Windows, please try this troubleshooter to see if the steps may help
Let me know what works.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.