Open tabs, windows, and files
Open a new tab
- Click the icon next to the last tab, which opens the New Tab page.
- To open a link in a new tab, press Ctrl (Windows and Linux) or ⌘ (Mac) on your keyboard when you click the link. Related tabs are grouped together.
- Want the same webpage opened in multiple tabs? Right-click the tab containing the webpage in question and select Duplicate.
- Try these keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+T (Windows and Linux); ⌘-T (Mac)
Open a new window
- Try these keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+N (Windows and Linux); ⌘-N (Mac)
Open a file
- Drag the file into Google Chrome from your computer desktop or folder. Your cursor displays a little + sign if the action is successful.
- Type the location, also known as the path, of the file in the address bar, then press Enter.
- Try these keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+O (Windows and Linux); ⌘-O (Mac)