Start or stop automatically reporting errors & crashes
Allowing Chrome to send us automatic reports helps us prioritise what to fix and improve in Chrome. These reports can include things such as when Chrome crashes and how much memory you typically use.
You can start or stop allowing these reports at any time.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More .
- Select Settings.
- Under "Advanced", tap Privacy.
- Tap Send Usage Data.
- Choose Always, Only on Wi-Fi or Never.
Tip: To prevent using data to send reports, choose Only on Wi-Fi.
What these reports include
These reports usually won't include any personal information about you, but they might include:
- Your Chrome settings
- Where you click
- How much memory is used by Chrome
- Web pages that you visit that contain phishing or malware
- Web pages that you visit where you've entered text using speech
- Your device's operating system, manufacturer and model. If you enter text using speech, your audio hardware might be included.
- If Chrome crashes while you're using it, some personal information might be included. This will depend on what was happening at the time of the crash.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.