Start or stop automatically reporting errors & crashes
Allowing Chrome to send us automatic reports helps us prioritize what to fix and improve in Chrome. These reports can include things like when Chrome crashes and how much memory you typically use.
You can start or stop allowing these reports any time.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More .
- Select Settings.
- Under "Advanced," tap Privacy.
- Tap Send Usage Data.
- Choose Always, Only on Wi-Fi, or Never.
Tip: To prevent using data to send reports, choose Only on Wi-Fi.
What these reports include
These reports usually won't include any personal information about you, but they might include:
- Your Chrome settings
- Where you click
- How much memory is used by Chrome
- Web pages you visit that contain phishing or malware
- Web pages you visit where you've entered text using speech
- Your device's operating system, manufacturer, and model.
- If Chrome crashes while you're using it, some personal information might be included. This will depend on what was happening at the time of the crash.
Jess is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.