Start or stop automatically reporting errors & crashes
Allowing Chrome to send us automatic reports helps us prioritise what to fix and improve in Chrome. These reports can include things such as when Chrome crashes and how much memory you typically use.
You can start or stop allowing these reports at any time.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- To the right of the address bar, tap More Settings.
- Under 'Advanced', tap Privacy.
- Tap Usage and crash reports.
- Turn the setting on or off.
What these reports include
These reports usually won't include any personal information about you, but they might include:
- Your Chrome settings
- Where you click
- How much memory is used by Chrome
- Web pages that you visit that contain phishing or malware
- Web pages that you visit where you've entered text using speech
- Your device's operating system, manufacturer and model.
- If Chrome crashes while you're using it, some personal information might be included. This will depend on what was happening at the time of the crash.