You can choose to delete existing cookies, allow or block all cookies, and set preferences for certain websites.
Important: If you are part of the Tracking Protection test group, you will see a new Chrome setting for managing third-party cookies called "Tracking Protection." Learn more about Tracking Protection.
What cookies are
Cookies are files created by websites you visit. By saving information about your visit, they make your online experience easier. For example, sites can keep you signed in, remember your site preferences, and give you locally relevant content.
There are 2 types of cookies:
- First-party cookies: Created by the site you visit. The site is shown in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies: Created by other sites. A site you visit can embed content from other sites, for example images, ads, and text. Any of these other sites can save cookies and other data to personalize your experience.
Clear all cookies
If you remove cookies, you'll be signed out of websites and your saved preferences could be deleted.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Chrome .
- Tap More Settings .
- Tap Privacy and Security Clear Browsing Data.
- Check Cookies, Site Data.
- Uncheck the other items.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data Clear Browsing Data.
- Tap Done.