You can choose to delete existing cookies, allow or block all cookies, and set preferences for certain websites.
What cookies are
Cookies are files created by websites that you visit. By saving information about your visit, they make your online experience easier. For example, sites can keep you signed in, remember your site preferences and give you locally relevant content.
There are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies: Created by the site that you visit. The site is shown in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies: Created by other sites. A site that you visit can embed content from other sites, for example images, ads and text. Any of these other sites can save cookies and other data to personalise your experience.
Clear all cookies
If you remove cookies, you'll be signed out of websites and your saved preferences could be deleted.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Chrome .
- Tap More Settings .
- Tap Privacy and security Clear browsing data.
- Tick Cookies, site data.
- Untick the other items.
- Tap Clear browsing data Clear browsing data.
- Tap Done.