Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome
All cookies are allowed by default, but you can adjust this setting and clear cookies for all sites or for certain pages.
What cookies are
Cookies are files created by websites you've visited. Cookies store browsing information, like your site preferences or profile information. There are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies are set by the site shown in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies come from other sites that have things like ads or images embedded on the page you're visiting.
Not all cookies are bad. For example, cookies help the website remember your preferred settings so it can reload them when you revisit the site next week. Cookies can also help a website remember your location, so it can provide you with locally relevant content, like weather.
Delete specific cookies or clear all cookies
You can remove first-party and third-party cookie information and data from your devices. If you remove cookies, things like saved preferences on websites might get deleted.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More Settings.
- Tap Privacy Clear browsing data.
- Check Cookies, Site Data. Uncheck all the other items.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Confirm by tapping Clear Browsing Data.
- Tap Done.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.