Update Google Chrome
To make sure that you're protected by the latest security updates, Google Chrome can automatically update when a new version of the browser is available on your device. With these updates, you might sometimes notice that your browser looks different.
Get a Chrome update when available
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Play Store settings. You can check if there's a new version available:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app .
- At the top left, tap Menu My apps & games. Apps with available updates are listed under 'Updates'.
- Under 'Updates,' look for Chrome .
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update.
Note: Downloading Chrome Beta will not replace your usual version of Chrome.
- Having problems updating? See troubleshooting information.
- Google Chrome uses a process called Google Update to check for updates. Find out more about how Google Update works.
- Using a Chrome device at work or school? Your network administrator might choose whether you can update Chrome, in which case you won’t see an option to update Chrome. Find out about using a managed Chrome device.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.