Update Google Chrome
To make sure that you're protected by the latest security updates, Google Chrome can automatically update when a new version of the browser is available on your device. With these updates, you might sometimes notice that your browser looks different.
Get a Chrome update when available
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Apple App Store settings. You can check if there's a new version available:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the bottom, tap Updates.
- In the pending updates, look for Chrome .
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update to install.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.
If you don’t have the Google Chrome app yet, download it from the app store.
When you see changes in Chrome, those changes have usually been tested in an early version of Chrome called Chrome Beta.
If you want to get a preview of what's coming down the line in the future, take a look at the Chrome Blog.
Some of your Chrome features and settings will not be available at this time because of iPhone and iPad constraints, including:
- Having problems updating? See troubleshooting information.
- Google Chrome uses a process called Google Update to check for updates. Find out more about how Google Update works.
- Using a Chrome device at work or school? Your network administrator might choose whether you can update Chrome, in which case you won’t see an option to update Chrome. Find out about using a managed Chrome device.