Update Google Chrome
To make sure you're protected by the latest security updates, Google Chrome can automatically update when a new version of the browser is available on your device. With these updates, you might sometimes notice that your browser looks different.
Get a Chrome update when available
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Play Store settings. You can check if there's a new version available:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app .
- At the top left, tap Menu My apps & games. Apps with available updates are listed under "Updates."
- Under "Updates," look for Chrome .
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update.
Note: Downloading Chrome Beta will not replace your usual version of Chrome.
- Having problems updating? See troubleshooting information.
- Google Chrome uses a process called Google Update to check for updates. Learn more about how Google Update works.
- Using a Chrome device at work or school? Your network administrator might choose whether you can update Chrome, in which case you won’t see an option to update Chrome. Learn about using a managed Chrome device.