To make sure you're protected by the latest security updates, Google Chrome can automatically update when a new version of the browser is available on your device. With these updates, you might sometimes notice that your browser looks different.
Get a Chrome update when available
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Apple App Store settings. You can check if there's a new version available:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the top right, tap Profile .
- Scroll down to "Available Updates," and search for Chrome .
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update to install.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.
If you don’t have the Google Chrome app yet, download it from the App Store.
Get design features and new features early
When you see changes in Chrome, those changes have usually been tested out in an early version of Chrome called Chrome Beta.
If you want to get a preview of what's coming down the line in the future, check out the Chrome Blog.
Features not available on iPhone or iPad
Some of your Chrome features and settings will not be available at this time because of iPhone and iPad constraints including:
- Having problems updating? Check our troubleshooting guide for more information.
- Google Chrome uses a process called Google Update to check for updates. Learn more about how Google Update works.
- Using a Chrome device at work or school? Your network administrator might choose whether you can update Chrome, in which case you won’t see an option to update Chrome. Learn how to use a managed Chrome device.