Update Google Chrome
To make sure you're protected by the latest security updates, Google Chrome can automatically update when a new version of the browser is available on your device. With these updates, you might sometimes notice that your browser looks different.
Get a Chrome update when available
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Play Store settings. You can check if there's a new version available:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app .
- At the top left, tap Menu My apps & games.
- Under "Updates," find Chrome .
- Next to Chrome, tap Update.
- On your Android device, open Chrome .
- At the top, tap More Update Chrome.
- Restart Chrome when prompted.
- Having problems updating? Check our troubleshooting guide for more information.
- Google Chrome uses a process called Google Update to check for updates. Learn more about how Google Update works.
- Using a Chrome device at work or school? Your network administrator might choose whether you can update Chrome, in which case you won’t see an option to update Chrome. Learn how to use a managed Chrome device.