You can customise Google Chrome to open any page for the homepage or start-up page. These two pages aren’t the same unless you set them to be.
- Your start-up page is the one that is displayed when you first launch Chrome on your device.
- Your homepage is the one that you go to when you click Home .
If your start-up page, homepage or search engine has suddenly changed, you may have unwanted software. Learn how to find and remove malware from your device, and get your settings back.
Choose your homepage
You can control which page appears when you tap Home .
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More Settings.
- Under 'Advanced', tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.