Note: This feature is called Dark mode on Desktop and Dark theme on mobile devices.
When you browse in Dark mode or Dark theme in Chrome, your homepage, toolbar, settings, and some other pages will be dark.
Important: Dark theme is available on Android 5 and up.
If you don't find Dark theme settings, you may have to restart Chrome.
Turn on Dark theme
- On your Android device, open Google Chrome .
- At the top right, tap More Settings Themes.
- Choose the theme you'd like to use:
- System Default if you want to use Chrome in Dark theme when Battery Saver mode is turned on or your mobile device is set to Dark theme in device settings.
- Dark if you want to use Chrome in Dark theme.
- Light if you want to use Chrome in Light theme.
Check if you’re in Dark theme or Incognito mode
- Open Chrome.
- At the top, check if you find Incognito Mode . If you find the Incognito mode icon, you're browsing in private.