See a site by turning off Chrome's ad blocker
You won't see ads on websites that have poor ad experiences, such as:
- Too many ads
- Annoying ads with flashing graphics or auto-playing audio
- Ad walls before you can see content
When these ads are blocked, you'll see an 'Intrusive ads blocked' message. Intrusive ads will be removed from the page.
Learn more about why Chrome blocks ads in the Google blog.
Turn off the ad blocker
You can change your settings to allow ads on all sites.
- At the top-right, click More Settings Advanced Content Settings Ads.
- Turn on Blocked on sites that tend to show intrusive ads (recommended).
Allow ads on specific sites
If you trust a site, you can add an exception to allow ads on that site.
On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to a page that you trust has blocked ads.
- To the left of the web address, click Lock or Info .
- To the right of 'Ads', click the Arrows .
- Choose Always allow on this site.
- Reload the web page.
Stop Chrome from blocking ads on your site
Chrome removes ads from websites that violate the Better Ads Standards. The standards discourage the types of ads that are particularly annoying to people.
If ads are being removed from a site that you own, visit the Ad Experience Report. In the report, you'll learn about any issues found with your site and how to address them.