You won't see ads on websites that have poor ad experiences, such as:
- Too many ads
- Annoying ads with flashing graphics or auto-playing audio
- Ad walls before you can see content
When these ads are blocked, you'll see an 'Intrusive ads blocked' message. Intrusive ads will be removed from the page.
Learn more about why Chrome blocks ads in the Google blog.
Turn off the ad blocker
If you trust a site, you can add an exception to allow ads on that site.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More Info .
- Tap Site settings.
- Next to 'Ads', tap the Down arrow .
- Tap Allowed.
- Reload the web page.
Stop Chrome from blocking ads on your site
Chrome removes ads from websites that violate the Better Ads Standards. The standards discourage the types of ads that are particularly annoying to people.
If ads are being removed from a site that you own, visit the Ad Experience Report. In the report, you'll learn about any issues found with your site and how to address them.