Generate a password
Let Chrome create and remember a strong password for your online accounts.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to a website and sign up for an account.
- Right-click the password text box.
- Click Generate password. If you don't see this option, sign in to Chrome.
- You'll see a preview of the password. Confirm by clicking Use a strong password generated by Chrome.
- Finish signing up for your account. Your password is automatically saved to Chrome.
Learn more about managing your saved passwords.
Jess is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.