Let Chrome create and save a strong password for your online accounts.
When you want to generate a secure password:
- Turn sync on in Chrome.
- Go to a website and sign up for an account.
- Tap on the password text box.
- Tap Suggest strong password.
- If you don't see this option, tap Password Suggest strong password.
- You'll see a preview of the password. To confirm, tap Use password.
- Finish signing up for your account. Your password is automatically saved to Chrome.
Your generated password is automatically saved to your Google Account.
If the site does not accept the password, you can change it. If a website doesn’t accept a password suggested by Chrome, let us know.Learn more about managing your saved passwords.