Generate a password
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Turn sync on in Chrome.
- Go to a website and sign up for an account.
- Click the password text box Suggest Strong Password.
- If you don't see this option, right-click the password text box, then click Generate password.
- You'll see a preview of the password. To confirm, click Use suggested password.
- Finish signing up for your account. Your password is automatically saved to Chrome.
If a website doesn’t accept a password suggested by Chrome, let us know.
Learn more about managing your saved passwords.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?