Generate a password
Let Chrome create and remember a strong password for your online accounts.
When sync is turned on for passwords in Chrome, your passwords are saved to your Google Account.
Otherwise, your passwords are only stored on Chrome on your computer.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Turn sync on in Chrome.
- Go to a website and sign up for an account.
- Click the password text box Suggest Strong Password.
- If you don't see this option, right-click the password text box, then click Generate password.
- You'll see a preview of the password. To confirm, click Use suggested password.
- Finish signing up for your account. Your password is automatically saved to Chrome.
If a website doesn't accept a password suggested by Chrome, let us know.
Learn more about managing your saved passwords.