Generate a password
Let Chrome create and remember a strong password for your online accounts.
When sync is turned on for passwords in Chrome, your passwords are saved to your Google Account.
Otherwise, your passwords are only stored on Chrome on your computer.
When you want to generate a secure password:
- Turn sync on in Chrome.
- Go to a website and sign up for an account.
- Tap on the password text box.
- Tap Suggest strong password.
- You'll see a preview of the password. To confirm, tap Use password.
- Finish signing up for your account. Your password is automatically saved to Chrome.
If the site does not accept the password, you can change it. If a website doesn’t accept a password suggested by Chrome, let us know.Learn more about managing your saved passwords.