Switch your sync account in Chrome
When you're signed in to Chrome on different devices, you can see your information on all of them, like your bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings.
The info is saved to a Google Account. You can choose what types of info get synced, and you can switch the Google Account where your data is synced.
Note: If you're sharing Chrome with someone, add a profile to Chrome to keep your info separate.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under "Sign in," click Disconnect your Google Account.
- Click Sign out.
- Click Sign in to Chrome.
- Sign in with the Google Account that you want to use with this profile.
- Choose how you want to handle your synced data:
- Separate profiles: Click This wasn't me. The new account will be signed in to a new profile on Chrome. Bookmarks and other info from the old account will not be shared with the new account.
- Merge profiles: Click This was me. The new account will be signed in to the current profile. Bookmarks and other info from the old account will be synced to the new account.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.