Connect a website to a Bluetooth or USB device
Chrome lets you connect a website to your Bluetooth and USB devices. For example, if you have a Bluetooth-enabled heart monitor, you can let a website connect to it. Then, the page can record and show information about the monitor.
When to give access to your device
Only give device access to a trusted site. If you pair a website with your device, the site can get all the information on the device and can even reprogram it.
Pair a webpage in Chrome with your device
- Connect your devices.
- Bluetooth device: On your computer or phone, make sure Bluetooth is turned on. On the Bluetooth device, turn on "discoverable" mode.
- USB device: Connect your devices using a USB cable.
- In Chrome, open a webpage that can connect to your device.
- Click or tap the page. You'll be asked to add a device.
- Choose a device from the list.
- Choose Pair or Connect.
Troubleshoot Bluetooth pairing problems
If the site can't find your device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on for your iPhone or iPad.
When both devices have Bluetooth turned on, click Re-scan.
Remove devices connected with Chrome
Bluetooth devices: To remove a website's access to your Bluetooth devices, at the top right, tap More Reload .
USB devices: To remove a website's access to your USB devices, follow these steps:
- To the left of the web address, tap Lock .
- Next to the USB device, tap Remove .
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.