PDFs don't open automatically in Chrome
We're working to fix this known issue. To report the issue, at the top-right, click More Help Report an issue. Add details to help us fix the issue faster.
You can normally open PDFs automatically in Chrome by clicking on the file that you want to see. If your PDFs are downloading instead of opening automatically in Chrome, Chrome PDF viewer could be turned off.
Open PDFs in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top-right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under 'Privacy and security', click Content settings.
- Near the bottom, click PDF documents.
- Turn off Open PDFs using a different application.
Chrome will now open PDFs automatically when you click them.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.