PDFs don't open automatically in Chrome
We're working to fix this known issue. To report the issue, at the top right, click More Help Report an issue. Add details to help us fix the issue faster.
You can normally open PDFs automatically in Chrome by clicking on the file you want to see. If your PDFs are downloading instead of opening automatically in Chrome, Chrome PDF viewer could be turned off.
Open PDFs in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Near the bottom, click PDF documents.
- Turn off Open PDFs using a different application.
Chrome will now open PDFs automatically when you click them.
Jess is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.