If a YouTube video, Facebook game or other media isn't working, try the steps below to fix it.
These steps can help for:
- A video or game that won't load
- A video or game that's blank
- A grey box that shows instead of a video or game
- Chrome freezes or crashes while loading a video or game
Step 1: Update Chrome
Videos and games sometimes need the latest version of Chrome.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the bottom, tap Updates.
- In the pending updates, look for Chrome .
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password.
- When the update has finished, go back to the site with the video or game. At the bottom right, tap More Reload .
Step 2: Reset your Internet connection
Your Internet network could be causing problems with the video or game.
- Turn off your iPhone or iPad.
- Unplug your modem. If your wireless router is a separate device, unplug it too.
- Wait for about one minute.
- Plug in your modem and wait until all the lights have stopped blinking. If your wireless router is a separate device, plug it back in and wait until all the lights have stopped blinking.
- Turn on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go back to the site with the video or game. At the bottom right, More Reload .
Step 3: Check your cache and cookies
Some video or game issues are caused by something saved in your browser data.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More New Incognito Tab .
- In the Incognito tab, go to the site with the video or game.
If the video or game doesn't work, clear your browsing data. Clearing your browsing data will delete some of your settings for websites. Find out more about clearing your browsing data.
- Tap More Settings .
- Tap Privacy Clear Browsing Data.
- Select Cookies, Site Data and Cached Images and Files. Deselect any other types of information that you don't want to remove.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data Clear Browsing Data.
- At the top right, tap Done.