Turn notifications on or off
You can set up Chrome to get notifications, such as meeting reminders, from websites, apps and extensions.
How notifications work
By default, Chrome alerts you whenever a website, app or extension wants to send you notifications. You can change this setting at any time.
If you’re browsing in Incognito mode, you won’t get notifications.
Allow or block notifications from all sites
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top-right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under 'Privacy and security', click Content settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Choose to block or allow notifications:
- Block all: Turn off Ask before sending.
- Block a site: Next to 'Block', click Add. Enter the site and click Add.
- Allow a site: Next to 'Allow', click Add. Enter the site and click Add.
You can also block any sites or apps from sending you notifications.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.