Tips & tricks for Chrome
Get the most out of Chrome by trying some of our tips below.
1. Sign in to Google Chrome
When you sign in to the Chrome browser, you can save and sync things like your bookmarks, history, passwords and other settings to your Google account. Then, you can get to them on any device.
Find out how to sign in to Chrome.
2. Make your own profile
You can have multiple people use Chrome on the same device, each with their own settings, bookmarks and themes.
If you have different accounts, like work and personal, you can use Chrome profiles to keep your bookmarks, extensions and settings separate.
Find out how to add a Chrome profile.
3. Make Chrome yours with apps, extensions and themes
Download and use apps and extensions or personalise Chrome on your computer with a fun theme. You can find new apps, extensions and themes on the Chrome Web Store.
- Apps are programs that can be used within Chrome.
- Extensions are extra features that you can add to Chrome.
- Themes appear around the border of the browser and show a background when you open a new tab.
4. Open a specific page or continue where you left off
Set up Chrome to load your favourite page when you first open Chrome on your computer. Or, you can continue where you left off on the pages that you had open the last time you used Chrome.
Find out how to set your start-up pages.
5. Browse in private or delete your history
If you don’t want Google Chrome to save a record of what you visit and download, you can browse the web privately in incognito mode. You can also delete your history, cookies and other information: remove all of it or just some from a specific period of time.