Chrome to Mobile extension
The Chrome to Mobile extension lets you send a webpage from your computer to your tablet or phone, where Chrome is being used. You can use the extension to make a copy of the webpage available for offline viewing on your phone.
Set up Chrome to Mobile
To use Chrome to Mobile, you'll need to have Chrome installed and the extension enabled on your mobile device and computer.
On your mobile device:
- Install Chrome for Mobile.
- Once it's installed, Sign in to Chrome.
- After you've signed in, make sure the Chrome to Mobile service is turned on.
On your computer:
- Add the Chrome to Mobile extension from the Chrome Web Store to the browser. Learn more about extensions.
- Click the Chrome to Mobile icon in the address bar.
- Click Connect your mobile device.
- Select the same account that you used to sign in to Chrome on your mobile device.
- Click Allow access.
Send a webpage
- To send the Chrome page you're viewing on your computer to your mobile device, click the Chrome to Mobile icon in the address bar.
- If you have multiple devices connected, select the device you want to send the page to.
- If you want to include an offline copy, select the checkbox.
- Click Send.
The page will automatically open on your mobile device, if it's connected to the Internet. If you've sent an offline copy, it'll start downloading in the background. You can see a history of the pages that you've sent by touching Menu > Other devices > Received from other devices.
Disconnect a mobile device
- Open Chrome for Mobile on the device you'd like to disconnect.
- Touch Chrome menu > Settings > your email address.
- Slide the "Chrome to Mobile" switch to the OFF position.
Delete offline copies
Delete an offline copy in the queue
If you choose to send an offline copy of the page, but your phone isn't connected to the Internet or an error occurred, the copy will be stored in Google Cloud Print as a print job. Follow these steps to delete the item:
- Go to the Google Cloud Print management page.
- Click the mobile device that you sent the offline copy to.
- Click Show print job.
- Select the item and click Delete.
Delete an offline copy from your mobile device
- Touch Downloads on your device.
- Select the item you want to remove.
- Touch Delete.
Remove out-of-date devices
If you lost access to a mobile device or you've reset it without disconnecting your account from Chrome first, you might see the device still listed when you click the "Chrome to Mobile" extension. You can use Google Cloud Print management page to remove the device.
- Go to Google Cloud Print management page.
- Select the device you want to remove.
- Click Delete.
If you see the same device name twice and you're not sure which one to delete, you can remove both. When you click the extension next time, Chrome will automatically connect to the active devices.