QuickTime is a media player by Apple, Inc. The program includes a browser plug-in that allows you to view audio and video content using QuickTime’s format. QuickTime is included on Mac computers and can be downloaded as a program on Windows computers.
Install QuickTime Player for Windows
The plug-in is part of the QuickTime Player. In order to install the plug-in, you’ll need to install the player.
- Download the QuickTime installer from Apple’s website.
- When the download is complete, click the installer in the downloads bar at the bottom of Chrome.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installation.
Windows User Account Control might appear and ask you for permission to install. If you don’t have administrator privileges on the computer, please contact your system administrator to finish installation.
- Restart Chrome.
Enable or disable QuickTime plug-in
The QuickTime plug-in is enabled by default after you’ve restarted Chrome. You can enable or disable the plug-in at
chrome:pluginsin the address bar.
- Find QuickTime:
- Click Disable to stop the plug-in from running.
- Click Enable to re-enable the plug-in.