Clear browsing data
You can control your history and other browsing data, like saved form entries.
Delete all your data or just some from a specific time
What happens to your info
- Browsing history: Clearing your browsing history deletes the following:
- Web addresses you've visited are removed from the History page.
- Shortcuts to those pages are removed from the New Tab page.
- Address bar predictions for those websites are no longer shown.
- Cookies and site data
- Cached images and files: Chrome remembers parts of pages to help them open faster during your next visit. Text and images from pages you've visited in Chrome are removed.
The "Advanced" section includes the basic data types, plus the following:
- Saved passwords: Records of passwords you saved are deleted.
- Autofill form data: Your Autofill entries are deleted, including addresses and credit cards. Cards from your Google Payments account aren't deleted.
- Media licenses: Licenses for HTML5 protected content, like movies or music that you’ve played or downloaded, are deleted.
There are other types of data that are related to your behavior online. These other types of data can be deleted separately:
- Search history & other Google activity: Searches and other activity on Google services are saved to your Google Account. Learn how to delete Google activity.
If you're giving away your device, remember to delete your browsing data and then sign out of Chrome.
Delete your browsing data
If you sync a type of data, deleting it on your Android device will delete it everywhere it's synced. It'll be removed from other devices and your Google Account.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More Settings.
- Under "Advanced," tap Privacy Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Tap Clear data.
Delete individual items
Instead of deleting entire categories of your browsing data, you can pick items to delete:
- Page you visited
- Downloaded file (computer only)
- Saved password
- Cookies from a website
- Autofill entry
Delete from one device
Deleting info from a device will delete it everywhere it's synced. To delete the data from one device without removing it everywhere:
- Turn off sync on the device.
- Delete the data from the device.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.