You can control your history and other browsing data, like saved form entries.
You can delete all of your data or just some from a specific time.
What happens to your info
- Browsing history: Clearing your browsing history deletes the following:
- Web addresses you've visited are removed from the History page.
- Shortcuts to those pages are removed from the New Tab page.
- Address bar predictions for those websites are no longer shown.
- Cookies, site data:
- Cached images and files: Chrome remembers parts of pages to help them open faster during your next visit. Text and images from pages you've visited in Chrome are removed.
- Saved passwords: Records of passwords you saved are deleted.
- Autofill data: All your Autofill entries and records of text you've entered on web forms are deleted.
There are other types of data that are related to your behavior online. These other types of data can be deleted separately:
- Search history & other Google activity: Searches and other activity on Google services are saved to your Google Account. Learn how to delete Google activity.
- Content settings: Your content settings handle how websites can set cookies, use your location, use your camera, and other things. Learn how to change your site permissions.
If you're giving away your device, remember to delete your browsing data and then turn sync off in Chrome.
Delete your browsing data
If you sync a type of data, deleting it on your iPhone or iPad will delete it everywhere it's synced. It'll be removed from other devices and your Google Account.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Chrome .
- Tap More History .
- At the bottom, tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data Clear Browsing Data.
- At the top right, tap Done.
Delete individual items
Instead of deleting entire categories of your browsing data, you can pick items to delete:
Delete from one device
Deleting info from a device will delete it everywhere it's synced. To delete the data from one device without removing it everywhere:
- Turn off sync on the device.
- Delete the data from the device.