Sign out of or remove a person from Chrome
To stop recording your history, bookmarks, and settings to your Google Account, sign out of Chrome.
To erase someone's Chrome data (including history, bookmarks, and passwords) from a computer, remove their profile from Chrome. For example, if you sign into Chrome on someone else's computer, we recommend removing your profile from Chrome before you leave.
Sign out of Chrome
When you sign out, your data will stop syncing to your Google Account. By default, the data you create while signed in will remain on the device. After you sign out, new data and changes you make in Chrome won't sync.
Sign out remotely
You can remove your account from any device, even if you don't have that device in front of you. To sign out of any device, check your "Recently used devices" and remove your account from any of them.
Sign out on a computer
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the top, under "People," click Sign out.
- Confirm by clicking Sign out.
Remove someone from Chrome
Multiple people can use Chrome on the same computer using multiple "Chrome profiles." After you remove someone from Chrome, their Chrome data is erased from the device.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the button with your name or People .
- Click Manage people.
- Point to the person you want to remove.
- At the top right of the person, click More Remove This Person.
- Confirm by clicking Remove This Person.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.