Search the web
Touch the omnibox (address bar) at the top of the screen to search the web or type in a web address.
As you type, these icons appear next to omnibox suggestions:
- The Search icon appears next to searches.
- The Bookmark icon appears next to bookmarked sites.
- The History icon appears next to sites from your browsing history.
- The Globe icon appears next to related sites.
- You can configure the default search engine for the address bar by going to Chrome menu > Settings > (Basics) Search engine.
Search within a web page
- Touch Chrome menu > Find in page.
- Type the text that you're looking for. Matches are highlighted on the page.
- You can see the total number of matches in the find bar. Use the up and down arrows to go to each match.
- You can also jump to the highlighted sections in the scrollbar to find matches (Android only).