Google Chrome Frame plugin
Install Google Chrome Frame
You'll need the following system requirements to use Google Chrome Frame:
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8
- 32- and 64-bit Windows XP, Window Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Minimum 512 MB of RAM (recommended)
- Administrative rights
You can get Google Chrome Frame in two ways:
- Whenever you visit a webpage in Internet Explorer that utilizes open web technologies, you may be prompted to download Google Chrome Frame. Follow the instructions on the site to install the plugin.
- You can also download the plugin at any time by visiting http://www.google.com/chromeframe
The plugin will be installed in the following locations:
- 32-bit versions of Windows (XP, Vista, Win7, and Win8): C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome Frame
- 64-bit versions of Windows (Vista, Win7, Win8): C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Frame
Uninstall Google Chrome Frame
To uninstall Google Chrome Frame from your computer, follow these steps:
- Select Start > Control Panel. (Windows 8 users: Learn how to access the Control Panel)
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Google Chrome Frame.
- Click Remove.
If you'd like to disable Google Chrome Frame, it's recommended that you uninstall it.
Experiencing crashes with Google Chrome Frame?
If you're experiencing crashes with Google Chrome Frame, you may have an incompatible plug-in.
If you're a web developer looking to integrate Google Chrome Frame into your site, visit http://code.google.com/chrome/chromeframe/ for technical documentation.