You can allow websites to temporarily save data on your device to make your experience on their website better. This is called “on-device site data,” and when turned on, it helps websites do things like keep your shopping cart active when you leave.
You can choose how a website saves data on your device:
- Allow sites to save data on your device: Sites are more likely to work as you expect.
- Delete data sites have saved to your device when you close all windows: Sites will probably work as you expect but are less likely to remember you from one visit to the next.
- Don’t allow sites to save data on your device (not recommended): Sites may not work as you expect. Choose this option if you don’t want to leave information on your device about sites you visit.
Set on-device site data on your device
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Click Privacy and security Site settings.
- Click Additional content settings On-device site data.
- Select a default behavior.