Print from Chrome with Google Cloud Print
You can make your printers available to you and anyone that you choose using Google Cloud Print.
If your wireless printer says that it's Cloud ready, follow your printer manufacturer's provided instructions or see setup information for Cloud-ready printers. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
Note: Google Cloud Print isn't available for Chrome version 50 and above on your iPhone and iPad.
Connect your wireless printer
- Turn your printer on.
- On your Windows or Mac computer, open Google Chrome .
- In the top right, click the icon you see: Menu or More .
- Click Settings Show advanced settings.
- Under "Google Cloud Print," click Manage.
- If prompted, sign in with your Google Account.
- Select the printers you want to connect and then click Add printer(s).
The printer is now associated with your Google Account and connected to Google Cloud Print. You can print to this printer whenever you're signed in with the same Google Account on your Chromebook.
Print from Chrome and Chromebook
- Open the page, image or file that you want to print in Chrome.
- Click File Print. Or use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Windows & Linux: CTRL + P
- Mac: ⌘ + P
- In the window that appears, click Change to choose your Google Cloud Printer.
- When ready, click Print.
If you're using your Chromebook at work or school, your network administrator might connect one or more printers for you. The printer will be available when you're signed in to your work or school account. Find out about using a managed Chromebook.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.