Upcoming changes to managing Chrome in the Admin Console
For administrators who manage Chrome policies from the Google Admin console.
Starting in August 2019, you will start to see changes to the Admin console when you sign in. These changes will roll out gradually to organizations. These changes are in the Admin Console only, and do not impact your users.
New look and feel—We are enhancing the overall usability, including faster management, enhanced search, and new settings.
Search is built into each page—Quickly find settings and devices that you’re looking for. For example, find devices by serial number, recent user, sync time, auto-update expiration, and so on.
Unified app management—Manage all app types side-by-side in a single app management interface, including Android apps, Chrome apps & extensions, and websites.
New settings—Manage Chrome Browser and devices running Chrome OS with additional policies, including:.
- Printer management—Manage your users printing options by setting defaults and restrictions on duplex, color, and more.
- Chrome Safe Browsing & Password Alert - Detect when users enters their corporate credentials into a non-corporate website or a phishing site.
- Quick unlock with PIN and fingerprint - Allow end-users to unlock their devices faster with PIN and fingerprint-based unlock.
- Integrated FIDO second factor - On supported devices, use the on-board secure element hardware to provide two-factor authentication.
- Legacy Browser Support (Windows only) - Automatically switch end-users to a legacy browser for compatibility with legacy sites, and then automatically switch them back when they’re done.
You can report an issue or send feedback on Chrome Enterprise. If you need to, you can temporarily revert to the old look Admin console from the redesigned settings and apps pages.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
To see Devices, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Click one of the following:
- User & browser settings
- Apps & extensions
- Device settings
- In the top-right, click What’s new.
- To send feedback:
- Click Send feedback.
- Describe your issue or send feedback.
- Click Send.
- To revert to the old look Admin console, click Open classic view.
If you need help, review the articles in the Chrome Enterprise Help Center before contacting support. For details about how to contact support, see Get support.