The Dell Latitude 5400 Chromebook Enterprise and Dell Latitude 5300 2-in-1 Enterprise Chromebooks have some additional features for the following Dell docking stations:
- Dell Docking Station - WD19
- Dell Thunderbolt Docking Station - WD19TB (Only in USB Type-C compatible mode)
Here are the some additional features available with the docking stations listed above:
- Update Dock Firmware—The Dell Latitude 5400 Chromebook Enterprise and Dell Latitude 5300 2-in-1 Chromebook Enterprise devices will provide firmware updates to the compatible docking stations. The update process can take up to 60 seconds. The docking station will not function at this time.
- MAC address pass through—The Dell Latitude 5400 Chromebook Enterprise and Dell Latitude 5300 2-in-1 Chromebook Enterprise allows the admin to choose the MAC address that the Dell WD19 / WD19TB Docking Station uses when it’s connected to these devices.
- Dock fan error messages—The Dell WD19/WD19TB Docking Station has a fan on the inside. In case the fan fails to operate, a notification will appear in Chrome OS. If you see this notification, please have your dock serviced. For more details, contact Dell support.
Supported display resolutions
The Dell Docking Station - WD19 and Dell Thunderbolt Docking Station - WD19TB will support the following video resolution configurations on Chromebooks:
- 4k@30Hz (3840x2160@30Hz) = 1 display
- QHD@60Hz (2560x1440@60Hz) = 2 displays
- FHD@60Hz(1920x1080@60Hz) = 2 displays
Thunderbolt 3 is not supported
Chromebooks do not support Thunderbolt features and the Thunderbolt Docking Stations will only work in USB Type-C compatible mode.For more information on the Dell Docking Stations, go to Dell support.