There are many mobile device management (MDM) tools that you can use to deploy your configuration settings (for example, Profile Manager®, Jamf Pro®, or AirWatch®). And, there are many software distribution tools that you can use to install Chrome Browser on your devices. The following steps are only a guideline. The exact steps depend on which tools you use.
Step 1: Test your Installation
Before deploying Chrome Browser policies to your entire organization, it’s best to test your policies with a small group.
For each scenario or type of policy setup you want to deploy:
- On a test group of computers, deploy the Chrome Disk Image (.dmg) file. For more information, see Deploy Chrome Browser and policies to your users (below).
- On each computer, go to chrome://policy.
- Verify that the correct policies are in effect.
Step 2: Deploy Chrome Browser and policies to your users
- Use the Chrome Disk Image (.dmg file) and your preferred software distribution tool to deploy Chrome Browser on your managed computers.
- Upload the com.google.Chrome.mobileconfig file that you created to your preferred MDM tool. This configuration profile contains all the preferences you want to manage.
- Deploy your configuration profile to ensure that all your Mac computers have the same managed settings.